EKWB Listens To Community And Debuts 240 mm Expandable Predator AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddybody

Distinguished
Love these coolers...such an incredible marriage between ease (AIO) and custom expandability. My *only* hesitation are the aesthetics in comparison to a clear tubing build...the grey on black makes the disconnects stand out poorly IMO. Either way, totally awesome.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Late once again on this news.

I believe im going to put $400 a side for my next AIO and it will consist of the Predator 240 along with a Predator compatible Nvidia XXX Ti full GPU block.

I figure $220 for the radiator CPU portion + $150 for the GPU block and I will be much better than the Asetek AIOs that everyone uses

Lutfij

Titan
Excata, EK was a company a few years ago that paid little heed to the community outside of what enthusiasts had to say but this shows they are listening and have their ears wide pen :) Good work EK!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I am doing a review of this exact 240 cooler which will be written and up in the forums within the next several days.

All I can say is that this is currently the unit I am recommending for anyone getting into the AIO cooler market and may transition into the watercooling world. It provides a great pump, great radiator and great fittings in a package that allows standalone use, or future expansion. Let's just say, the 240 might even be enough to run a CPU and a GPU without an additional radiator, depending on components being used...example - i7 at stock or mild OC, and a GTX 970. I'm seeing 10C delta loads at around 325w.

Glad to hear a review is in the works, we need to get away from CLCs.
I hope the H240x/220x will be included as well.

Lutfij

Titan
^ That there is rubix for ya folks! Kudos for landing on those products and write ups! I too will be eagerly waiting to read up on the reviews. A smell of fresh air would do wonders to the already stale/overcrowded AIO market.

If the Swiftech's write ups are coming around too then that's splendid!

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Glad to hear a review is in the works, we need to get away from CLCs.
I hope the H240x/220x will be included as well.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Just got a 970 and the 3570k is getting to the age where OCing will be needed by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.