EKWB Strix Monoblock - RGB not compatible with AURA

Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys,

So, I have assembled this amazing piece of electronic device - combining some of ASUS' finest parts.
I have decided to go full-monty with 12mm PeTG hardtubes - and MAN, it looks amazing!
However, I am not able to sync the CPU monoblock RGB with AURA, which causes a bit of headache for me, as my RGB fantasy is not fulfilled.

The EKWB Strix monoblock is the 4pins version and is placed in the RGB_Header on my motherboard.

Parts installed;

Motherboard; Asus Strix ROG Z270i
CPU; Intel I7 7700 (delid)
Coolingdevice; EKWB Strix Monoblock for Z270i.

Does any of you have to solution to my "problem" ?

Solution
they advertise it as whatever compatible - so they must take responsibility on installation and setup process.
If they refuse, I'd just demand full refund including shipping and would probably sue them for false advertisement.
Thought I made my decision not to buy from those clowns anything couple of years ago.
But that's me and my "love" for mainstream crap.
You can also try to contact asus support. After all it's just an RGB strip that supposed to sync.
I'd suggest to contact the EK's support as it listed as compatible.

As a side note, you have to see glass tubing before saying petg looks amazing ;) petg looks just marginally better than soft tubing. In not so long run, it stains, scratches and become "cloudy". Way too fast IMHO. Acrylic is somewhat better, but the glass is the ultimate treat. Especially if you have slightly tinted glass.
Not bashing or something, just giving you an Idea for future improvements.

Mar 13, 2018
I tried to contact the guys at EKWB, but they are only responsible for the manufacturing of the component - not the setup and software :/
In regards to the PETG/Acrylic, I disagree. It depends on the liquid you put into it, and the frequency of the maintenance. It is my intention to replace the liquid every 12months, aswell as replacing the thermalpaste. I have seen nasty pictures with guys trying to use both VUE and Anthem liquid - and failed.

they advertise it as whatever compatible - so they must take responsibility on installation and setup process.
If they refuse, I'd just demand full refund including shipping and would probably sue them for false advertisement.
Thought I made my decision not to buy from those clowns anything couple of years ago.
But that's me and my "love" for mainstream crap.
You can also try to contact asus support. After all it's just an RGB strip that supposed to sync.

Solution