El Question about motherboards.

IamRenegade

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Hi. I am a computer enthusiast, and I have a $2000 system sitting next to me. I am looking to upgrade to a system using Haswell (Or Ivy Bridge E, cannot remember which one) E and a 2011 motherboard, as I will be using a 4930k. Which motherboard should I use?

Supposed specs, and will provide link.

4930k (Large video editing, lots-o-gaming, and overall multitasking)

32Gb Ram, Corsair 1600 (Again, Video editing and gaming headroom)

Samsung SSD and 2TB HDD (Holding video files and games)

Motherboard. Hmm.

Well, I am looking for one. Any suggestions? (I am looking at the Sabertooth, just an overall awesome one, the LGA2011 one, of course) but any other suggestions (e.x, value orientation, more features, etc)
But yeah, just any suggestions.

Last, but not least a 780 (Im gonna sound like a broken record, but video editing, high graphics requirement games, and regular use)

One last thing, should I go with the 4--- Haswell E (or Ivy, idfk c: )
or 3--- Sandy Bridge E?
Power draw isn't too much of a problem, 850 is the wattage in my build. Heat, not as small of a problem, but will be using a H100i. Any perks to one or the other?

Thanks!

[]v[]r. Renegade

(Oh yeah, forgot the link, clumsy lel c: )

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mr.Renegade/saved/2x7j

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Looking at the 4930K might want to look at the new Asus X79 the Deluxe,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132047&Tpk=asus%20x79%20deluxe

That's what has my eye right now, an 'improved' X79 ,

for the 780 might look to the Asus with the CU cooling, which is great

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

and on the DRAM, Corsair is still rather high priced on the 32GB sets, might look at the GSkill Tridents can get the 4x8GB 32GB set in a performance CL9/2133 for $339 or even go 2400/10 for $10 more, about the same of less than Corsairs 32GB 1600/9 entry level sets

IamRenegade

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Well, I was looking at the Sabertooth, but if this board is better, what is better about it? Like any extra features other than being more expensive? (lol'd at that)

ALSO, with AMD releasing a bunch o'new'cards, Nvidia is gonna have to make their prices drop. So the 780 will be around the 550-610 mark, ye? Good for me, wanna save where I can. And, why would I spend more for the 2133 RAM if it just has higher frequency? It's just more expensive than this Corsair RAM, at 1600, which is perfectly fine at $284.99.

Plus, why ASUS? HOF seems to be the best cooler aside from Gigabyte and EVGA. (ACX cooler & backplate)

But thanks,

-[]v[]r. Renegade

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Brought up the new Deluxe because it is new, handles faster DRAM (which is good especially for video editing, multitasking, working with large data sets, etc which you mentioned, so faster and more bandwidth), more refined BIOS, updated chipsets...as with all just a suggestion, again you mentioned a 780, just suggested the Asus as I like the cooling and OC ability.

On the DRAM I was looking at 4x8GB sets at NewEgg, (which is the best way to go with X79) 4 sticks is less stress than 8 on the MC (memory controller), lowest price I saw on Corsair at 1600 $314 and that was a low performance 1600/10 set set, based my suggestion on that, you've obviously found a great deal somewhere ;) Haven't had my hands on a Galaxy 780 yet, but know the Asus is good, runs cool and was easy to OC

IamRenegade

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Yeah, I have decided to go with the ASUS card, mainly because of that smexy-behind backplate. Also, its ASUS.

Can you go wrong?

Also, the reason I had HOF as a major consideration is because of its impressive 1.01ghz clock. Other than that, I think you just solved my problem.

Thanks.

-[]v[]r. Renegade