News El Salvador Plans to Build a 'Bitcoin City' Near a Volcano

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I think I missed the part where it is demonstrated that we can convert energy from a volcano into electricity. I know there is extensive use of geothermal energy, particularly in Iceland, but I think the engineering to reliably harness the energy from a volcano has yet to be developed.
That is, other than the secret lair of Dr. Evil. His lair was in a volcano where he was mining for "One million bitcoin!"

JfromNucleon

Prominent
Oct 5, 2020
Somebody, please stop this man, before GPU price sky rocketed to absurdity, and we all back to pre-3dfx era.
I get where you're coming from, but BTC mining has long been unprofitable to mine on GPU. The one most popularly mined on a GPU rn, is Ethereum

D

Deleted member 1353997

The title says near a volcano. For those who thought El Salvador might build a city in Hawaii, or near a volcano somewhere else, the subtitle clarifies that El Salvador will build the city near a volcano in its own country.
Apologies. I thought most people could reasonably assume that countries normally build cities within their own territory, so no such clarification would be needed. Maybe I was wrong.

TRENDING THREADS