Elcomsoft Uses GPGPU to Speedily Crack WPA/WPA2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePatriot

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
That is why I use a 62 character key (AES) and it is not in any dictionary.
TACACS+ server for SOHO networks? I guess we will have to really soon.

G

Don´t worry, be happy.
You can use a random password and store it in a pendrive, is very easy.

You can use this page to generate it:

http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

With a random pass nobody can crack you Wifi.

Use de calculator 105^63/pass per sec. There are a lot of years.

G

What if you wireless router doesn't broadcast the SSID? Does that make things more secure?

G

Micyia001, the basic answer is yes, it would be more secure. It would be like giving a folder the hidden attribute. Normally people wouldn't see it, but if they turned on "view hidden files" then they could. Likewise, if someone was looking around with a spectrum analyzer (which aren't terribly expensive if you're into war-driving) and launch kismet, etc. then it didn't matter if you turned off broadcasting.

In the real world, war-drivers or even people trying to cause trouble would just move on to easier targets. If it's a neighbor with some time, or someone specifically targeting a person, then turning off broadcasting wouldn't matter.

G

old news. Already made a comment in an article months ago showing that software. doh

G

Elcomsoft Wireless Auditor is great software. Well for Dictionary Brute Forcing. I could seem to setup a true Brute Force trying every combination. eg aaa, aab, aac. I know this takes alot longer but alot more people are learning no to use dictionary words. Any ideas how to achieve this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY