Elcomsoft Uses GPGPU to Speedily Crack WPA/WPA2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePatriot

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
That is why I use a 62 character key (AES) and it is not in any dictionary.
TACACS+ server for SOHO networks? I guess we will have to really soon.

G

Don´t worry, be happy.
You can use a random password and store it in a pendrive, is very easy.

You can use this page to generate it:

http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

With a random pass nobody can crack you Wifi.

Use de calculator 105^63/pass per sec. There are a lot of years.

G

What if you wireless router doesn't broadcast the SSID? Does that make things more secure?

G

Micyia001, the basic answer is yes, it would be more secure. It would be like giving a folder the hidden attribute. Normally people wouldn't see it, but if they turned on "view hidden files" then they could. Likewise, if someone was looking around with a spectrum analyzer (which aren't terribly expensive if you're into war-driving) and launch kismet, etc. then it didn't matter if you turned off broadcasting.

In the real world, war-drivers or even people trying to cause trouble would just move on to easier targets. If it's a neighbor with some time, or someone specifically targeting a person, then turning off broadcasting wouldn't matter.

G

old news. Already made a comment in an article months ago showing that software. doh

G

Elcomsoft Wireless Auditor is great software. Well for Dictionary Brute Forcing. I could seem to setup a true Brute Force trying every combination. eg aaa, aab, aac. I know this takes alot longer but alot more people are learning no to use dictionary words. Any ideas how to achieve this???

Status
Not open for further replies.