[SOLVED] Elden ring random crash.

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
im wondering if this is a more system related issue. since others dont seem to be having this problem.

the game randomly crashes..how it happens is there is sudenly a stutter then a complete freeze and the image is stuck on screen..pressing alt tab brings up windows i can switch to..but when i try to switch to a window to try to get out of the game it does not show that window after selecting it using alt tab. instead the image of the game is just stuck on the screen. I either have to pres ctrl alt delete and sighn out or wait a couple of miniuts and the game finaly exists .but during that paze of the crash..system is totaly locked.. iv checked windows event viewer and at the time of the carsh there are 2 errors dispalyed. I'm hoping somone can shed some light on to this and why its happening. and hopefully have a fix for it.

Event 1000 Application error
Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.3.2.0, time stamp: 0x62358cd3
Faulting module name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.3.2.0, time stamp: 0x62358cd3
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000000003a33d68
Faulting process ID: 0x1a34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d846a922f5fb53
Faulting application path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe
Faulting module path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe
Report ID: 261f1ff8-b1d3-4269-82ef-ce7e5ddab3d5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event 1005 Application error
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program ELDEN RING™ because of this error.

Program: ELDEN RING™
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
  1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
  2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
  1. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
  2. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
  3. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

Solution
Actually you could have, for example, a 1000 watt PSU and have problems.

Design, materials,assembly, testing, and so forth can easily result in poor quality PSU. Plenty of choices....

If the PSU cannot keep up with the host system's power demands in any way (3, 5,12 volts or some combination of voltages and rails) then there will be problems.

That said being down to an odd stutter now and then is certainly progress.

You can use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Performance Monitor, and Process Explorer to look for possible causes of the stuttering.

Doing so will take some time and a a bit of effort. Watch what is running in the background, watch for other apps, utilities, etc. being triggered.

Again, if you note when...

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
Uninstall and reinstall ELDEN RING.

My thought is that the game files were corrupted.

I dont think so. if anything was currupted it would of failed to acquire the files when verfiing the integrity of game. and all files where fine.

I think i fixed it though...been playing for hours with not a single crash since i made an nvidia game profile and set power mode to maximum performance, set frame limit to 117 and set latency mode to ultra..
No idea why.

Ralston18

Titan
Hopefully all will go well then.

However keep an eye on the logs in the meantime. If anything else starts happening then the logs may help determine what is occurring.

Another thought: "power mode to maximum" vs PSU wattage availability may be at some threshold value.

Keep an eye on temperatures and other possible issues that may appear.

Check the power requirements of your build - just to ensure that the power demands are not too demanding....

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
Hopefully all will go well then.

However keep an eye on the logs in the meantime. If anything else starts happening then the logs may help determine what is occurring.

Another thought: "power mode to maximum" vs PSU wattage availability may be at some threshold value.

Keep an eye on temperatures and other possible issues that may appear.

Check the power requirements of your build - just to ensure that the power demands are not too demanding....

My power supply is 850watt. i would not of thought that would be an issue. still no crash either. .just the odd stutter now and then.

Ralston18

Titan

Design, materials,assembly, testing, and so forth can easily result in poor quality PSU. Plenty of choices....

If the PSU cannot keep up with the host system's power demands in any way (3, 5,12 volts or some combination of voltages and rails) then there will be problems.

You can use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Performance Monitor, and Process Explorer to look for possible causes of the stuttering.

Doing so will take some time and a a bit of effort. Watch what is running in the background, watch for other apps, utilities, etc. being triggered.

Again, if you note when the stutters occur you can check in Reliability History and Event Viewer. May not be an error per se. Just a warning or informational event.

Just keep paying attention and checking on things.

And, as always, maintain your backups.

Solution

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014

Again, if you note when the stutters occur you can check in Reliability History and Event Viewer. May not be an error per se. Just a warning or informational event.

Just keep paying attention and checking on things.

And, as always, maintain your backups.

last time i checked EVGA do high quiality power supplies. if it was anything to do with the power the 12v rail would flucuate or be bellow the threshold of 11.8 but its solid on 12.288