Electric Scooter Wiring Help

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Hello folks. I have an electric scooter, which i purchased VERY used and have been steadily repairing the mechanical part of it. But i need your help with the electrical part. In the following pictures there will be the batteries that are going to power it. The electrical mess that is the workings of the scooter, and the motor. If you have ANY(and i mean any) idea as to what to do here, Please help me out. I have been moving cords around all over the place tieing them to each other and i just cant seem to make the back wheel turn. I know it functioned at one point. but it got put in storage and the pesky mice had their with with it. Thank you SOOO much for anyone that helps. :)

http://

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

Well, I have another problem in that aspect, I have no idea what brand this scooter is. The only 2 stickers on it say "SCOOTER"
"MADE IN CHINA"
I wouldnt even know where to look for this type of thing. When i goto google and type in electric scooter, i get brands like razor and that type of stuff, and I'm certain this one is of an older model of something. I just have no idea how to find this kind of thing.
http://

ok,this is a 24 volt system.the batteries are connected in series.you need either a 24 volt test lite or a voltmeter set on the 24 volt scale.you will need to backprobe from the motor for power.dont know how you are with dc wiring so please dont take offence.the red wire is the power and the black is ground.start with the motor and see if you have power on the red wire.if you do then you need to make sure the black(ground is good),so when you check the red wire you need to use the negative on the battery for a ground.if you have power try using the black wire from the motor as a ground.post back with the results.

jeepmare

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

Alright thanks for the info, Ill start testing as soon as i can go get my hands on a voltmeter, and then ill get back to you :)

Mar 12, 2018
While I realize this post is old I thought this would be helpful.
I recently got back from Florida. I needed to replace the batteries on my mother's scooter.
They needed 12v 12ah batteries. It seems this is a very common battery for scooters.
The scooter needed 2 batteries.
They charged $72 US each battery.
I returned to Canada and sure enough my mothers scooter here needed new batteries.
Also 12v 12ah.
This time I found this place:

https://lextec.com/product/np12-12-datalex-12v-12ah-ups-replacement-battery

Except they were $34 Canadian each. They were helpful.
I picked them up in Markham.
I couldn't believe it.
Wish I had known. I would have brought them to Florida if I could.

Mar 12, 2018
The specs on these batteries matched exactly and both places the batteries are working great.
It looks like the place I went to here in Toronto imports them.

Your friend drastically overpaid and could have gotten a good car battery for that price.
Remember some places jack up the price so you believe it's better quality.