[SOLVED] electric shock when i touch my cpu casing metal body.

Dec 30, 2021
I have connected 3 power cable to my computer. 1-cpu, 2-display, 3-display2 (three power cables). so when i connect my third power cable to power outlet i can feel electrical shock all over my pc metal case. please help me. what's the problem?

Solution
An electrical short circuit.

Likely to cause injury, death. If not that - a fire.

Unplug your computer. Do not use.

Use another computer to update your post regarding system hardware specs and OS information.

Provide more information about the computer and displays - how power is being provided.

What all else is involved: electrical outlets, power strips, extension cords, UPS, etc.?

How did you connect those 3 power cables? Are you able to provide a diagram or photos?

If so, do so via imgur (www.imgur.com).

More information is needed but the immediate priority is to ensure that no one is hurt and that nothing is damaged via a subsequent fire.

Ralston18

Titan
An electrical short circuit.

Likely to cause injury, death. If not that - a fire.

Unplug your computer. Do not use.

Use another computer to update your post regarding system hardware specs and OS information.

Provide more information about the computer and displays - how power is being provided.

What all else is involved: electrical outlets, power strips, extension cords, UPS, etc.?

How did you connect those 3 power cables? Are you able to provide a diagram or photos?

If so, do so via imgur (www.imgur.com).

More information is needed but the immediate priority is to ensure that no one is hurt and that nothing is damaged via a subsequent fire.

Solution