Question Electrical issue breaking my microphone?

Sep 3, 2020
So as the title suggest I am wondering if perhaps there is an electrical issue that is causing trouble with my microphones?
I have enabled all windows settings for the mic.
My Røde podcaster suddenly stopped working one day and i just recently tested in on a laptop and it wont work there either.
And now while playing a game without changing any settings suddenly the mic on my Rift S headset stopped working, the headset itself is working fine it was just the mic that stopped mid game.
I have tried updating drivers, and when i got problems the first time with the Røde mic i actually took a complete clean install of windows just to try and it still wont work.
Sometimes in my speakers i do hear a static noise but i think that is just because they ar old and heavily used.

interceptor83

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you but wanted to say this sounds almost exactly like the problem I'm having that started 2 nights ago. The only difference for me is that the 3 headset mics I've tried do work on other computers. But everything else from the occasional static. I've tried everything I can think of as well from drivers to rolling back to a restore point when I know it was working. I haven't committed to a full system wipe and reinstall like you did though. Weird to see someone else having almost the exact same issue happen at basically the same time.