Electrical outlet not working after replacing 20A version by mistake and replacing the 15A back

sraman

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I had an electric outlet not working in my kitchen. I tested if the power was still coming in the terminal and it was. Then I turned off the power and installed a new outlet. However it was a 20 A. When I plugged in the power, the appliances beeped and then stopped. I then found the issue and removed my 20 A outlet to reinstall the 15 A outlet. However there is no power through the black or the white wire now. I checked the trip switch and turned it off and on a couple of tims. Still it is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

te100

Distinguished
I suspect you have lost the power wire in the circuit. Is it just that outlet. If its in the kitchen it should be a gfci circuit check to see if it is tripped. If not you will have to start tracing the circuit and checking all the connections.

putting a 20amp outlet in will not make a difference the circuit is 15amp it will stop at that. now if you have 20amp circuit with 15amp outlets you have a problem.

TRENDING THREADS