Electricity leaking in whole setup

Jul 11, 2018
So this is going to be really weird question. I have been experiencing electrical shocks from my keyboard ,monitors and case. I have abrand new Logitech aluminium keyboard on which i can clearly feal some sort of shocks. On my monitors i van real the shocks on these screws of my vesa mount. I assume something in my setup is leaking electricity, but have checked different outlets, different cables and nothing seems to solve it. I checked my pc for a loose wire too. I have no idea what to do next, any ideas?
PS. Sorry for my horrible grammar

Solution
Static will be a short burst (this is the biggest danger to computer hardware). If there is a ground fault, then you'll probably feel a slight "buzzing" as you move your finger across it (assuming the shock isn't too bad to do that...this is a fire hazard and death trap, e.g, during flooding). A "buzzing" feeling is the 60Hz AC causing a buzz...static discharges and takes time to recharge.

On a newer home (or even some older homes) you'd have ground fault detecting breakers which might trip if someone pulls power through an electrical ground to earth ground. Older two-wire receptacles are one way to not support ground fault detection (cutting the third wire is a way to bypass the safety of a ground fault detection system). I haven't...
are you sure its not just static? I'm no electrical engineer but im pretty sure that there isn't really a way you could be getting shocked from touching a VESA mount... you used the mounts for your motherboard i right?

Does it happen every time you touch your case/vesa mount?

Static will be a short burst (this is the biggest danger to computer hardware). If there is a ground fault, then you'll probably feel a slight "buzzing" as you move your finger across it (assuming the shock isn't too bad to do that...this is a fire hazard and death trap, e.g, during flooding). A "buzzing" feeling is the 60Hz AC causing a buzz...static discharges and takes time to recharge.

On a newer home (or even some older homes) you'd have ground fault detecting breakers which might trip if someone pulls power through an electrical ground to earth ground. Older two-wire receptacles are one way to not support ground fault detection (cutting the third wire is a way to bypass the safety of a ground fault detection system). I haven't used these, but this represents some ground fault detecting tools which are inexpensive and possibly available at the local hardware support or electrical contractor supply:
example 1
example 2
example]https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4449262585079107814?q=price+test+instrument+%22ground+fault%22&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX50mFfSopkUFz9vqT3PjE-foDfRpN2SIn5ld0PRurpLMIMiA1Tcppdf3QRsH8jbeKNVzzdBh97tBATy44CY465iWs1yPGI0HCukNLl28t5jXwZxy6hIZAFPVH73aQDeiXh3_b4MDuyW2F0QTpsrvIA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiF8r7EqpjcAhUB44MKHXdTAwMQ8wIIggM]example 3[/url]

If you use a two-prong socket, go to three-prong. If your house wiring is wrong, get it fixed fast (as the saying goes, "it's an accident waiting to happen").

Normally I wouldn't expect the power supply from a computer to have this issue even if you use a two-prong plug.

Btw, you can add grounds in the wrong way and cause ground loop problems. Other hardware with grounds which touch your computer can also have issues, e.g., wired network equipment.

Solution