Question Electrified case

Blaj Sergiu

Reputable
Nov 26, 2019
Hi! I builted up a pc from pieces , for about a week i didnt had any problems but now, without making any change to it since then, pc case its electrified, it dont give me shocks, it s continuous.
My pc:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gtx 1060 6gb aero itx
500gb hdd
Seasonic s12 II bronze 520w
GA-A320M-S2H mobo
1 case fan
Middle tower case(everything its pretty tight inside)
There are no connectors that touch the case also.

Ralston18

Titan
Does not need to be a connector: a pinched wire, the motherboard, or any other component in contact with the case.

Power off, disconnect and inspect everywhere and everything with a bright flashlight.

Could be a problem with the outlet powering the pc.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

If not, what about a family member or friend?

Carefully try to find out what the voltage is.

Blaj Sergiu

Reputable
Nov 26, 2019
I dont have a multimeter,neither i know someone who have 1, it s pretty high i guess because it even hurts. It s strange that from time to time it disappears , i disassembled everything and the only things i noticed is that the 2 standoffs of mobo that i needed to manually assemble dont go quite full in and video card does not have a screw for mobo( there s not enough space for any screw to get in), can any of this be the cause?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes:

If you give electricity a path to follow it will follow.

Take a very close look at the motherboards installation manual especially with respect to included screws etc..

You may have mixed up the screws or the wrong screws (for whatever reason) were packaged in. Or parts were left out.

Manual:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-a320m-s2h_1001_v2_e.pdf

If that is the correct manual, see physically numbered Page 4 (Box Contents). Screws are not listed as being included - where did you get the screws. Case?

Likewise the video card may be the reason if it is not installed as required.

Fix both issues and determine (again carefully) if the case remains charged.

Reactions: Blaj Sergiu

Blaj Sergiu

Reputable
Nov 26, 2019
Update: without gpu it s fine,when gpu fan start , case gets electryfied , as i said there isn t space for a screw to get in and fix it on place, any method to fix it?can t figure it