[SOLVED] Elegant solution for 2 input/2 output setup

essbeemorton

Honorable
Dec 27, 2014
I have a set of JBL LSR305 monitors and Sennheiser HD650s I run at my desktop. I also recently bought a turntable (with built in preamp), so I have 2 inputs (PC/turntable) and 2 outputs (headphones/speakers). I run the speakers at 70% and have volume control on the Schiit Magni 2U amplifier I use in tandem with the Modi 2U DAC. Until I bought the turntable, I've just had the speakers go straight out the back of the Magni with RCA to XLR. The headphones of course go out the front. To switch output, I've just been unplugging the headphones. I know the Schiit Sys can solve that problem, but what about the turntable? The Sys only switches 1 input between 2 outputs. I've actually had the turntable running directly into the speakers with RCA (the 305s have XLR and RCA inputs), but then I can't control volume without doing it at the speakers individually. Is there an elegant solution to these problems, or do I need the Sys in addition to my current Modi/Magni stack and some other mixer for the turntable? I'm just confused.

Solution
Solution