Review Elegoo Neptune 3 Max Review: Big. Really Big.

Feb 15, 2023
Well done Denise. I am ready to buy one of these but it is out of stock on the ELEGOO site and not listed on Amazon.

I recently worked on a project printing a life size replica of a baby gray whale skull on my Prusa MK3S+. The STL data was sourced from a CT scan and measured roughly 1 meter long by 1/2 meter tall and wide. I used Fusion 360 Personal to divide the data into 28 parts and add fiducial pins to aid in the replica's assembly. Using a .6mm nozzle and a .3mm layer height the MK3 required over 15 days end to end to print the pieces. The Elegoo Neptune 3 Max would probably have reduced the part count to 8 pieces and certainly greatly reduced the amount of PETG Gloop that was required to assemble it. I donated this work to a scientist friend. I'll share more on this work after the science papers have been published.

Feb 15, 2023
i don’t see how the size is a con here.. you won’t buy this printer if it is to big.
I think the con relates not to the print area but the space required to support the printer. When I buy one I won't be able to set it up in my own shop because I don't have the space. I'm already talking to a friend that I know has space in his shop.

Oct 18, 2022
I think the con relates not to the print area but the space required to support the printer. When I buy one I won't be able to set it up in my own shop because I don't have the space. I'm already talking to a friend that I know has space in his shop.
Yes! I'm also working on a giant Snapmaker -- with enclosure -- and we literally had to build a new table for it.