Elgato Audio Setup using Voicemeeter banana

tanklesstree

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014
i use the elgato to record my pc gameplay and im having trouble with audio.

I used voicemeeter banana to route all audio to the microphone option in elgato, on my laptop but have recently upgraded to a desktop and am having troubles.

With the new addition of Elgato sound capture i cant seem to figure out how to record game sound and skype at the same time all in one video. Id rather not have split audio channels i just want it to be in one video to use for youtube and im not a pro so i dont need multiple audio tracks for each when editing.

I used the voicemeeter routing my game volume and skype to my speakers which supposedly are the elgato and to the sound capture. Then using sound capture i click on the advanced option and put audio output to voicemeeter input meaning that all those things go to the sound capture. but for some reason skype is echoed and repeated twice.

On my laptop i would route sound to my speakers which were called realtek speakers and then to the elgato which put all my sound into the microphone option of the software.

Now in playback devices the speakers are apparently not plugged in and im playing audio through the elgato.

I plug my headphones into the back of my monitor if that helps anyone because the audio jack in my desktop is broken.

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to turn off the "listen to this device" feature
w-mic-howling.png

and see if the echoes terminate likewise you may also want to see if any enhancements are active for your onboard soundcard.

Is it possible to pass on your full systems specs inclusive of your audio equipment? Since a laptop the make and model would do. Are you working on a laptop or a secondary system as well?

tanklesstree

Reputable
Dec 20, 2014

Thanks for the reply i have already fixed the problem, aparentlly in the software there are two channels that you can send the audio too and both of them were going to the elgato sound capture, i was accidentaly sending my mic audio to the elgato twice and all that was needed to fix it was unclick the B2 button and only have B1 turned on.

I appreciate the help tho!!