[SOLVED] elp! grahpics card struggling with games, refuses driver updates and displaying code 43

ConnorCon

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Hey all.
I've been having issues with my graphics card recently and was wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it.
As the title says it's displaying code 43 on the card, it refuses to upate and install drivers and only runs the windows basic display driver, as well as a few other symptoms like not showing up in places like task manager and crashing in any even remotely intensive game. the only game I've been able to play so far is kingdom, everything else either straight up refuses to run or is sub 15fps and seems to want to use and max out my cpu? (which has no onboard graphics btw). I've looked around for similar issues but come up empty handed and also tried all the basic things I can think of (outside of a clean windows install, or "just update the drivers 4head" as again that won't work for whatever reason) like making sure its seated properly, updating motherboard bios etc so idk what to do. My hope is it's just some windows/software hijinks that's messed with it but yee I'm at a loss.
Any help and advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated and let me know if there's anything else you need to know that I missed out.

Specs:
gpu: nvidia gtx 770
mobo: gigabyte b550m s2h
cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600 6 core
16gb ram

Last edited:
Solution
Hey all.
I've been having issues with my graphics card recently and was wondering if there's anything I can do to fix it.
As the title says it's displaying code 43 on the card, it refuses to upate and install drivers and only runs the windows basic display driver, as well as a few other symptoms like not showing up in places like task manager and crashing in any even remotely intensive game. the only game I've been able to play so far is kingdom, everything else either straight up refuses to run or is sub 15fps and seems to want to use and max out my cpu? (which has no onboard graphics btw). I've looked around for similar issues but come up empty handed and also tried all the basic things I can think of (outside of a clean windows...
Hey all.
As the title says it's displaying code 43 on the card, it refuses to upate and install drivers and only runs the windows basic display driver, as well as a few other symptoms like not showing up in places like task manager and crashing in any even remotely intensive game. the only game I've been able to play so far is kingdom, everything else either straight up refuses to run or is sub 15fps and seems to want to use and max out my cpu? (which has no onboard graphics btw). I've looked around for similar issues but come up empty handed and also tried all the basic things I can think of (outside of a clean windows install, or "just update the drivers 4head" as again that won't work for whatever reason) like making sure its seated properly, updating motherboard bios etc so idk what to do. My hope is it's just some windows/software <Mod Edit> that's messed with it but yee I'm at a loss.
Any help and advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated and let me know if there's anything else you need to know that I missed out.

Specs:
gpu: nvidia gtx 770
mobo: gigabyte b550m s2h
cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600 6 core
16gb ram
if it's code 43.. it could be the gpu must be damaged somehow, unless you want to try to reball the chip or try to reflash the vbios (not always fix the problem).

Solution

ConnorCon

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
yeah I'm hoping its not the card itself that's damaged but it could be. I've heard about reflashing the card while I was looking for fixes but not tried it yet, reballing the chip isn't something I've heard about so far so I'll look into that, thanks

Reactions: Koekieezz

ConnorCon

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
also if it helps, the issue started off the in the first place during the ow2 beta and there seemed to be atleast a few people that had the "rendering device has been lost" error, which was also when things went downhill for me. idk if it's just coincidence but just thought I'd mention it

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021

TRENDING THREADS