Elpida Wants Bankruptcy Protection, Cites DRAM Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I really wish Elpida would survive. I don't want to use low quality Hynix or Samsung memory in my devices.[/citation]

Really Hynix & samsung have lower quality than elpida? i tought that was a myth...i have used the 3 and i only find samsung a bit disturbing since i have repaired hundreds of thousands of laptops with faultys samsung ram's modules from many companies like Markvision,V-Data,innix,shikatronics,kingmax,Vickin, etc etc... xD

erunion

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]a prime example of more competition =/= good[/citation]

No, not really.

Too many global resources are devoted to dram production. Scaling back dram production (which may include the failure of some firms) frees up resources for other products.

Stasis is the opposite of progress.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is the result of poor marketing....why did they build so much stock?....they should build as orders come in....sure it will take longer to complete the orders, but it ensures that the company will not overproduce...does this make sense

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]jprahman[/nom]No, just a prime example of supply > demand.[/citation]

This.

I mean...how many average Joes need more than 8 GB of RAM? Some can argue that an average Joe doesn't need more than 4 GB of RAM, but of course there are applications that can use a lot of RAM (whether legitimately or illegitimately (bloat)), such as Firefox on a bad day.

Of course those of us that can find a use for all that RAM are loving it right now! Virtual machines galore! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.