Elsa Gladiac

G

I recently installed a Gladiac for a customer and had nothing but problems. Unlike Tom's setup, this machine had WIN ME installed. Elsa supposedly had updated drivers for ME, but they didn't work. Updates from ASUS (A7V) didn't help either. Many lock-ups; not only running games but also normal stuff like MS Word. After several hours of trying to make it work, it was replaced with an ATI Radeon DDR and had no further problems. Sure, the Radeon was more expensive, but it did the job.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an Elsa Gladiac with WinMe. The Elsa drivers for WinMe are bad. You need to use the nVidia reference drivers for WinMe. 6.49 and 6.72 have worked well for me. If you have the video module, you can use the program vidpatch to output to the TV with 6.72(haven't tried the others).

The original Elsa driver for Win98 (v4.12.01.0206-0150) also works but is less stable than 6.49 or 6.72 in WinMe.
You have to use it though if you want to watch DVD movies on your TV without having to worry about DVD copy protection (a problem with the nVidia drivers). I have not been able to bypass the copy protection using the nVidia drivers. I am switching drivers as needed when I want to watch DVD movies.

<i>Its not fun AFTER you have fragged everyone.</i> :cool: James