ELSA Launches the GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost S.A.C Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Who the hell is ELSA? I'm sorry but my Gigabyte OC version with Twin Silence coolers was only $199 local Microcenter, PN is GV-N65TBOC-2GD. I think that extra $50 comes from importing from the "get screwed by Europe tax"
Note to anyone overclocking the 650ti boost cards, the driver bug hasn't been fixed yet and if you overclock please set the Power Limit % to 99 MAX, down from 100%, or your overclock won't mean crap. Nvidia really needs to fix that bug.

The Elsa GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost S.A.C. is expected to go on sale in early May for ¥23,800 which translates to about $239 USD.

Since when Japan was in Europe? :p
This (¥) is the symbol of Japanese currency called yen...
Also for $194 you can even buy MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 from newegg...

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I'm gonna date myself, but I owned an AGP ELSA TNT or TNT2 card, which I purchased from CompuPlus... And now that I think about it, that was probably the last time I saw an ELSA card available for sale in the US, though I know it was a more widely known brand in Europe at the time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELSA_Technology
It would seem the company folded in 2002 (about the same time as Diamond Multimedia), and it's current incarnation is actually a former Taiwanese subsidiary.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I bought an EVGA GTX 660 a couple of months ago and it was $199. But I'm sure currency conversion rates factor in a higher price in Japan.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
"Who the hell is ELSA? "
I've been in computers since the mid 90's. Back then they were one of the top Video card OEMs, and they included 3d glasses in their top Geforce2 ultra packages. A lot of companies did that actually back then for nvidia GPUs. I had an Asus Geforce2 GTS card that did. Either way I remember reading long long ago they were getting out of video cards and never have seen or heard since. I stay somewhat up on news and this is the first I've heard or seen of them back into video cards. I missed their coming back at some point lol. But I've not seen their brand anywhere.

Deyna Cast

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
From what I've read Elsa makes the Tesla's and quadro card for Nvidia.
They just moved to a more public part of geforce series.
They also worked on the 680 hybrid which looks sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.