Emachine T3395 Upgrade

ashpikamisty

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
My father has an old emachine in his back closet and I really wanted to upgrade it for him because it's super old and he's fond of it. It'll be his birthday surprise.

Emachine Model t-3395

20GB Hard Disk Drive
512 RAM DDR SDRAM

The motherboard is the FIC K7MNF-64 and I just need to know how do I move from this, Windows XP to Windows 7?

ScrewySqrl

Champion
I'm be honest. that's a ~12 year old PC (A Sempron 3000+ is a good chip from 2003. Your cell phone is more powerful today -- the new Smartwatches are more powerful).

Nothing in it is truly salvageable, unfortunately. you'll be basically building a new PC from scratch.

hang-the-9

Titan
You can buy a much faster used system for half the cost it would take to upgrade this one.

Look for a Core 2 Duo system, they should be in the $100 - 150 range depending on RAM, video card and CPU model. I would look for a 2.4 gig or faster one with 4 gig of RAM.

If you really just want to upgrade that system for sentimental reasons, as it won't really be any good for actual use these days, buy enough RAM to max it out (will be 2-4 gig most likely), replace the hard drive with a new one, buy a Windows 7 copy and install it on the new drive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS