[SOLVED] Email client troubles

Feb 4, 2021
If I did not have so many images on this thing I would probably put it out in the front yard and blast it with the 12 Gauge. I am a "photographer". I shoot at an MX track and a dragstrip. Have a couple dozen people asking for prints. I email them every image I take, when they figure out what they want they let me know which images, the size and then I re-edit the images and upload them to Costco etc.
Anyway, I edited/exported 45 images for 8 different racers. I go to the folder where I saved them, select a bunch and right click...hit send to mail recipient. I then get a message stating "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install etc or create an association in the Default Programs control panel.
I use, and have always used Thunderbird. It is in the Default App section of the control panel. I know I can just attach them to an email but I find it much easier to right click the images and hit "send to email".
Any suggestions??

Solution
i use thunderbird and have had the same problem as you , the upshot is that from a choice of options windows is trying to get you to use its own mail program.
Here a a couple of programs i can recommend to you. for batch photos.

Advanced Renamer - Download

You will probably know that when you save and sometimes email photos windows gets confused because it cannot cope with "names" so it shuffles them around in a different order to how you set them out for viewing , what you need to do is put the photos in the order you want and then drag the folder into the advanced renamer . ignore update messages and the contribute messages.

You may also find the following software useful i use it a lot

Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20...
i use thunderbird and have had the same problem as you , the upshot is that from a choice of options windows is trying to get you to use its own mail program.

You will probably know that when you save and sometimes email photos windows gets confused because it cannot cope with "names" so it shuffles them around in a different order to how you set them out for viewing , what you need to do is put the photos in the order you want and then drag the folder into the advanced renamer . ignore update messages and the contribute messages.

Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20 for Windows (id.canon)

this is the code from one of my cameras , insert it into the box to download the software .....073052002690

One feature you may find very useful is under the file tab , it is the convert and save tab , you can use it to reduce the amount of memory they take up so they are easier to email or upload. I use 1200 x 800 size

After using the convert and save its easy to attach to an email or just upload them

Solution
Feb 4, 2021

Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20 for Windows (id.canon)

this is the code from one of my cameras , insert it into the box to download the software .....073052002690

One feature you may find very useful is under the file tab , it is the convert and save tab , you can use it to reduce the amount of memory they take up so they are easier to email or upload. I use 1200 x 800 size

After using the convert and save its easy to attach to an email or just upload them
Thanks for the info. I try to keep the images they were shot on my web site. Just when I think I have a system figured out Word Press does an update and throws a wrench into. Not to mention in some of my site posts I had to rename the images...someone is asking about some prints and they gave me the name that is on the site...which is not what the name is in my LR catalog. So I have to go to my site, look at the image and try to find it in my LR catalog. I tag everything I have exported out of LR with a 1 so it is not as bad as it could be but it is still a nightmare.....and to compound the whole mess I shoot with 4 different bodies. I did not realize this til yesterday...the repair loaner that Canon sent me...I forgot to change the image name in it...and Word Press just randomly places the images from that camera...Thanks again