Email frustration

blessj3

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,
I have cox.net as my server. I tried to email a document to someone and received a message that said "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel" I went into the control panel and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. If I can send and receive emails do I not have an email program. I never had these problems with XP, this 7 has me totally frustrated. Help please.

isamuelson

Distinguished
You could just go to gmail and send it via the web for now. It requires setting up an email account there. Otherwise, you have to install a client. I suggest Thunderbird. You can get it at:

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

As jonmore said, Windows 7 doesn't come with a default email client. You can download Windows Live programs from Microsoft to get Windows Mail which is the replacement for Outlook Express, but I would really suggest using Thunderbird instead.

blessj3

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I purchased the computer at the Good Guys so I took it back there and fixed it for me. Thank you for your response.

blessj3

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Thank you for your reponse, I had the Good Guys take care of it.