Email to SMS Gateway?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

--
-----<snip>-----
Cut the snippy to reply in email.
 

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
940
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:39:44 GMT, Seymour Butts
<mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Anyone know if such a thing exists?

Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
deliver to any North American mobile phone. If you mean the other way
around sending an email *from* a phone to an email address you can use
Connectotel <http://www.connectotel.com>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.NONOcom> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

> Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
> phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
> deliver to any North American mobile phone.

Yep, I want to convert emails to sms since incoming sms are free. Thanks
for the info.

--
-----<snip>-----
Cut the snippy to reply in email.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:51:15 GMT, Seymour Butts
<mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.NONOcom> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:
>
>> Do you mean send a regular email and it will be delivered to a mobile
>> phone? 10digits@teleflip.com (e.g. 4165552368@teleflip.com ) will
>> deliver to any North American mobile phone.
>
>Yep, I want to convert emails to sms since incoming sms are free. Thanks
>for the info.

Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Good day.

If you want, I can activate you an test account on www.smshosting.it for
test our email2sms gateway.
If necessary, you can contact our english support at
assistenza@smshosting.it or via msn messenger at smshostingIT@hotmail.com

Regards,

The SmsHosting.it Team

"Seymour Butts" <mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:Xns9509F0B935ABEmysnippynippyshawca@24.71.223.159...
> Anyone know if such a thing exists?
>
> --
> -----<snip>-----
> Cut the snippy to reply in email.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

"SmsHosting.it" <sales@smshosting.it> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

> If you want, I can activate you an test account on www.smshosting.it
> for test our email2sms gateway.

Thanks for the offer. However, it appears that free sms messages are only
free if they are send from a handset. Damn.

--
-----<snip>-----
Cut the snippy to reply in email.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:

> Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.

It's getting confusing these days with what is free.

--
-----<snip>-----
Cut the snippy to reply in email.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

"Seymour Butts" <mysnippynippy@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:Xns950AE6D536678mysnippynippyshawca@24.71.223.159...
> Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in alt.cellular.fido:
>
> > Incoming text messages are only free if it originated from a handset.
>
> It's getting confusing these days with what is free.

Just in case you're interested, all message reception on Rogers GSM is
free, including emails. TTYL