Ematic EWT127BL touchscreen drivers

wicke038

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Hey all,

I was handed this device by someone I know and help out with IT problems at no cost, who had recently updated to Win10 version 2004. The update had broken some of the drivers, as seems to be common across a range of devices from various manufacturers. He asked me to fix it for him.

I reformatted the EWT127BL with a copy of Win10, which resolved some issues, but then had some further driver issues I didn't anticipate.

This is the device:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-11-6-Convertible-Touchscreen-Laptop-with-Windows-10-S-2GB-RAM-32GB-Storage-Black-EWT127BL/394160320

Ematic 11.6" EWT127BL

Unfortunately, the drivers for the touchscreen on this devices aren't available on the Windows Update site, nor does the manufacturer (Ematic) appear to provide drivers for their devices on any of the their websites. I've emailed Ematic customer support directly, but have received no responses from either my webform submission on their site, or my direct email to their customer service email address.

This is basically my last resort to restore the device to full functionality. I was hoping somebody here might own an Ematics 11" device, hopefully this model in particular.

I would then need someone to copy the touchscreen drivers out of their system32 folder using Device Manager and share them with me.

Device Manager > right click device > Driver tab > Driver Details > location of driver in System32 folder will be listed.

The only other means to get these drivers at the moment is to go to Walmart, hope they have a refurb/open box (I don't believe they have new ones in stock), and asking to use one, then copy the drivers off the device's System32 folder with a USB stick.

I'm working on this device for an older gentleman, who uses this device as his primary means of using the internet and checking emails.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help.
bKKhiF9.png

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When you've stated that the update broke the drivers, what drivers were you working with prior? If the drivers are meant for legacy OSes, then you can install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibly tab>Windows X(from the drop down menu), then Run as Administrator. You might also want to see if your platform has any BIOS updates pending.

wicke038

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Can someone please move this to Laptop - Tech Support? Posted it in the wrong forum, thanks.

Firstly, regarding the touchscreen drivers: I don't have them. I can't install them in any mode because I don't have copies anymore since the reformat.

Compatibility mode won't be necessary either after I manage to somehow find copies of the drivers anyways. It was, and still is, a Windows 10 machine, and was never a Windows 7 machine.

The original drivers on the machine were, by default, the ones installed on the device by the manufacturer, Ematic. Seven of them are now missing since the Win10 re-install, and need to be found and installed to restore the touchscreen functionality.

Specifically, the 2004 Win10 update broke, at minimum, the network driver, which the clean install of 190x Win10 fixed. Not a problem.

Other than the touchscreen, I was able to download the network driver after the Win10 re-install from another source (the wifi device was a widely used one), and Windows Update took care of every other driver, except for the touchscreen drivers.

I don't know what touchscreen drivers were installed by default on the Ematic netbook. Didn't seem to matter at the time, as I've never had trouble getting drivers in the past for HPs, Dells, Lenovos, Toshibas, etc., whether they were included in the Win10 installation itself, using Windows Update afterward, or directly from the manufacturer's website.

I just need to see if anyone has either the same or similar Ematic device and can send me copies of the drivers to get the Ematic touchscreen working. If I knew someone who had one of these devices, I could copy the drivers myself from the System32 folder. But I don't know anyone who owns one, nor had I ever heard of Ematic until a week ago.

Ematic seems to be a manufacturer with extremely poor customer support. They don't have any drivers available for download on their website, nor does Microsoft provide them, except for the hardware in the Ematic that is widely used by a large number of manufacturers (e.g. network card, USB ports, touchpad, keyboard, SD Card, etc.)

They have not responded to any of my inquiries regarding drivers from either my webform submission on their website, nor after I directly emailed their customer service. I think they're one of those newer, fly-by-night, low cost Chinese electronics manufacturer, to be honest. They sell products that look nice at a first glance and are low-priced, but they don't provide warranty or technical support of any kind.

Last edited:

wicke038

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I'm glad to report this issue is self-resolved.

I simply went into the Device Manager and looked up the Hardware IDs for each driver, and found copies of the drivers online.

Among the drivers that were missing were the Silead touchscreen file, which I resolved by downloading the latest Silead .cab file from here:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=silead

The I used 7-zip to extract the cab file to the Desktop, then went Update Driver and had it browse the Desktop.

Among other drivers I was able to find by looking up the Hardware IDs for the 7 devices without drivers, were for the RealTek Bluetooth, and Intel Battery Management Device.

I got most of the drivers from this site, which was prominent in the Google Search results when googling the Hardware IDs.
https://www.driveridentifier.com

The website provides direct links for downloads from manufacturer's websites, such as Realtek, Intel, and Microsoft. Then it's just a matter of selecting the correct driver, copying to a USB drive, and running executables, extracting .cabs, and/or searching for the drivers on the USB drive by utilizing the Update Driver function in the Device Manager.

Example:
kZeP7o8.png

Reactions: tpaul69
Oct 23, 2020
I am having the same issue, if anyone has a copy of the network adapter drivers and the touch screen drivers available could you send them to me?

Nov 19, 2020
I'm glad to report this issue is self-resolved.

I simply went into the Device Manager and looked up the Hardware IDs for each driver, and found copies of the drivers online.

Among the drivers that were missing were the Silead touchscreen file, which I resolved by downloading the latest Silead .cab file from here:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=silead

The I used 7-zip to extract the cab file to the Desktop, then went Update Driver and had it browse the Desktop.

Among other drivers I was able to find by looking up the Hardware IDs for the 7 devices without drivers, were for the RealTek Bluetooth, and Intel Battery Management Device.

I got most of the drivers from this site, which was prominent in the Google Search results when googling the Hardware IDs.
https://www.driveridentifier.com

The website provides direct links for downloads from manufacturer's websites, such as Realtek, Intel, and Microsoft. Then it's just a matter of selecting the correct driver, copying to a USB drive, and running executables, extracting .cabs, and/or searching for the drivers on the USB drive by utilizing the Update Driver function in the Device Manager.

Example:
kZeP7o8.png

This post was extremely helpful. I have an Ematic EWT118CS 11.6" 2 in 1 laptop. I reinstalled windows 10 and the touchscreen stopped working.

Using windows update, I got all other drivers (including the driver for auto screen rotate) except the touchscreen driver.

I used https://www.driveridentifier.com , and the found a list of touchscreen drivers.
From the list of drivers on driveridentifier.com's website, this is the one that worked for me:

xc-gsl3680-nt16a-ruiyun-20181203635_6141e36edb68565f9a41826d82bb2130920f6bc0

It's a .cab file when downloaded. Use 7-zip to extract it, go to Device manager, click action, scan for hardware changes, then update the drivers for the "unknown device".

I must note you have to try the drivers one by one on the website to see which one works properly. The newest driver listed may not work.