jamesgod1979

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Dont laugh... I have an emachine w3644 and was wondering if it were possible to upgrade the cpu in it, or is it already maxed....
Thanks
James

Solution
ok took me alot of searching but i found the best CPU that emachine says will work its the Athlon 64 x2 5200+ which would give you a nice system with it compared to the sempron. This will not require a bios update..

This is only theoretically correct. Some bios revisions will not support newer processor lines. Also, the wattage support is a factor. Even some high end modern retail motherboards only support up to 125W. I'm curious as to what the support of this motherboard would be.

ok took me alot of searching but i found the best CPU that emachine says will work its the Athlon 64 x2 5200+ which would give you a nice system with it compared to the sempron. This will not require a bios update..

Solution

jamesgod1979

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
plan on a new cpu and adding another gig of ram.. should give me another bit of time with it.. think it will last as long as my old 8088.. still kicking with the old dos 3.11 on it.. lol..