Question EMI issues(?) with mic input - I'm struggling!!

Aug 20, 2021
I have a custom-built gaming PC that I put together in November (see below for specs). In the last month or so, my friends were noticing that my mic was creating a buzzing/humming/loud churning noise. Here's a link to the sound: (
View: https://vimeo.com/590025174
)
I'm not sure when it started or how to fix it. It seems to amplify to an extreme when I run high-FPS games. I've tried a couple replacement cables for my headset as well as other headsets on my PC, and it still happens - leading me to believe it's a problem with grounding or coming from my hardware. I also tried a USB soundcard and it did not help at all, and it created a humming/static NOW that I myself can hear through my headset as well as the continued static through the mic. I have the headset plugged in with the original splitter directly on the back of the PC. I am by no means an expert - this was my first PC build - and I've tried to do research, but I'm just lost on how to find a solution. I would appreciate any advice or guidance from anyone. I can't play with others without bothering them or staying on mute. Let me know if you need more info! Please someone help me I'm dying!!!! :(

Build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Storage: Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" SSD, some 1TB Hard Drive (don't remember specifics)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card (was very very lucky)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case
PSU: EVGA BR 700 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
MNK: Both Logitech (don't know if these matter)
Monitors: ASUS 23.8" IPS LCD FHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor - display port; LG monitor (cheaper second one, don't remember specifics but connect with an HDMI)
Headset: HyperX - Cloud Alpha Pro Wired Stereo Gaming Headset

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS