Emulated gaming, need help

Hi guys.

Right, so I am looking to play some of my old PS1 and PS2 games on my PC, my build is in my profile. Using Windows 7 64-bit Pro.

So basically I need help setting up xPSXe first, I have managed to get the BIOS and etc right, but need a nice video driver for best performance and image on an HD7950.

Secondly, I have NO IDEA where to start for a PS2 emulator. I only want to play Final Fantasy X and X-2, apparently PS2 emulators do not work to well with all games?

Any help would be nice.

Solution
well, for psx2 - try this> http://pcsx2.net/
great emulator I've been using for some time, and it can run both of the ff games you mentioned :)
and yes - the emulators are way from being complete, but you can check the compatibility list :D

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
well, for psx2 - try this> http://pcsx2.net/
great emulator I've been using for some time, and it can run both of the ff games you mentioned :)
and yes - the emulators are way from being complete, but you can check the compatibility list :D

Solution

Awesome thanks man! How is the config on the one you linked? Easy? Difficult? BIOS and drivers included?

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

config is really easy, everything works just fine at default and there are a lot useful tweaks, plugins and speedhacks in case you need them. the community is great and there is a lot of info at the forum :D
as for the bios - as with any newer emulator... there are tools so you can rip it off your ps2, or /in case you want to save your time/ you can ask uncle google or try to fish at every pirates favourite bay :) /since there are rules against posting stuff like this here/

Fair point, still have my old PS2, saw they ad a nice tool to dump the BIOS, thanks for the help! Now to get this thing going!

ANYONE else have a suggestion for a nice video drive for ePSXe for PS1?

Thanks. Yeah was considering OpenGL, well again thank you. Been a great help. Just tried FF X and its works great.