[SOLVED] Emulating Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujrkingdom

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Now, i'm trying to emulate Mac OS X on VM ware workstation and have had fairly good results (except that it won't shut down or restart properly and that it doesn't playback any video, let alone it doesn't have sound.) So, i'm trying to see if running art applications like Photoshop like this is worth it. Would there be better performance gain doing this on an emulated Mac OS or should i just stick with Windows? If it is worth running it like this in Mac please tell me how i can configure my virtual OS so that i can fix all these nitty-gritty problems as well as boost performance.

Comp Specs:
Windows 7 ultimate x64
32 gigs ram
Nvidia gtx 670 ftw
evga x79 ftw mobo
intel i7-3820 processor (currently overclocked at 4.3 ghz)
1 tb 5400 rpm western digital hdd
500 gb 7200 rpm western digital hdd
16x blu-ray drive

Solution
I don't know that Photoshop will work any better emulating Mac OS X. With your build you should have no trouble running Photoshop at peak performance at all. Which drive is the OS drive - the 5400 rpm or the 7200 rpm? I only ask because I think, if you have the money to spend, you would benefit more from using an SSD as your boot drive.
I don't know that Photoshop will work any better emulating Mac OS X. With your build you should have no trouble running Photoshop at peak performance at all. Which drive is the OS drive - the 5400 rpm or the 7200 rpm? I only ask because I think, if you have the money to spend, you would benefit more from using an SSD as your boot drive.

Solution

ujrkingdom

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

its on the 5400 one; unfortunately at the moment i don't have the money to afford an SSD and ye i started emulating mac on my OS and was obviously displeased at the performance so ill just stick with windows xD

Status
Not open for further replies.