[SOLVED] Enable DoH in Chrome browser?

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019
I've read where Firefox is defaulting to the web protocol DoH using Cloudflare server.....Chrome has not....but the ability to switch to DoH on Chrome is documented.....Would switching to DoH in Chrome be a secure and reasonable choice to make?

Solution
That's a big old Duhhhhh. Alphabet (Google) makes money by tracking your surfing behavior. Cloudflare DNS lookups somewhat obfusicate this tracking when the web server is on a generic cloud that serves multiple clients. They would prefer you use 8.8.8.8 (their DNS lookup)

Cloudflare's DNS lookup isn't perfect however. It blocks some apps from working properly. (Like app updates from the play store)
Thank You for this answer! With this information, I wonder if it would interfere with or work alongside the Nord VPN app on my computer?
I've read where Firefox is defaulting to the web protocol DoH using Cloudflare server.....Chrome has not....but the ability to switch to DoH on Chrome is documented.....Would switching to DoH in Chrome be a secure and reasonable choice to make?

That's a big old Duhhhhh. Alphabet (Google) makes money by tracking your surfing behavior. Cloudflare DNS lookups somewhat obfusicate this tracking when the web server is on a generic cloud that serves multiple clients. They would prefer you use 8.8.8.8 (their DNS lookup)

Cloudflare's DNS lookup isn't perfect however. It blocks some apps from working properly. (Like app updates from the play store)

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019

Thank You for this answer! With this information, I wonder if it would interfere with or work alongside the Nord VPN app on my computer?

Solution