Enable Hardware Acceleration

cpulord1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Hey guys,
I just updated my p8p67 mobo to the new revision (after the intel recall)
but I also updated my ATI drivers (I have a Radeon 4850)

One thing I noticed is that anytime I play a video (youtube, or other players...i think anything associated with a flash player) that it freezes up firefox or chrome.
The screen is green and there is no video but the audio works before the browser freezes.

When I looked it up, I found that if I disable the Hardware acceleration under the adobe flash player settings it works again (I can see the video and it doesn't freeze the browser)

Anyone else experiencing this with an ATI Radeon Vid Card? Perhaps it's the new driver? Should I consider uninstalling the driver and using an older one?

Thanks!

cpulord1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
When I was looking at uninstalling program via control panel, I noticed what my Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is the most updated version (10.3.181.14)
but the Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is 10.0.42.34

would this affect anything? If so, how do I update just the ActiveX?

cpulord1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
I have AMD Catalyst 11.5

One thing I did forget to mention is that on the P8P67 board, I have the video card in the secondary PCI slot because the primary one is blocked by my giant heat sink fan (Scythe Mugen 2)
would this effect anything?

cpulord1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
sayantan> would it actually cause my errors and problems with flash tho?
the vid card isn't in the primary slot because my heat sink covers it lol

is it serious enough that I should go fanless on my heatsink? o_O

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
No it shouldn't cause any problems with flash.Play some games and run some benchmarks and compare the results with other computers.Since you are using x4 mode ,the performance would take some hit.Expect 5-10% lower.If the benches are as expected then I think you should consider changing the driver to 11.4.

You don't have to go fanless. :) You can always use something like this:
http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/pe-flex16-p-759.html
find something cheaper $52 seems a bit high.