Enable SLI missing from Nvidia Control Panel

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi there,

I recently got another GTX 660 and was looking into SLI-ing them. I got the new one in, hooked it up with the SLI bridge but when I check the control panel, there is no option to SLI them. They both show up in the device manager and I have reinstalled the drivers many times but nothing is working.

-I have a legit copy of Windows, I heard that was a common error.
-They are both the same cards.
-I tried switching their order and checking each one individually.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Well I found your problem. According to those bios screenshots you don't have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, you have a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3. The GA-970A-D3 doesn't support SLI which is why the option isn't available.

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Sorry I forgot to give that info. I'm not sure exactly what type of motherboard but it's a Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0.
If I can find the box I'll give the exact name.

Check your UEFI Bios for this setting: On the main UEFI page select 'Advanced', then North Bridge. In No.Bridge there is a graphis setting and it should be PEG/PCI. I have the earlier version of the same board and that is how mine is set, and I'm running two 660's
Let us know if that changes anything.

Also, in the Nvidia Control Panel, does "Configure SLI, Surround, Physx" show up in the left text menu under 3-D Settings? If it does, click on it and on the screen that comes up select "Maximise 3D Performance." That turns on SLI.

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Unless I'm just being stupid, I can't find any option in my BIOS that has anything to do with North Bridge settings besides ones for the CPU. I don't have an "Advanced" option either. This BIOS is a little too fancy for my liking to be honest.

Also, I've check the Control Panel and for that option I only have Configure Surround, PhysX.

Thanks for the replies!

Without shutting down my PC and writing down the sequence of clicks, I cann't get you into the Advanced UEFI BIOS. Grab your motherboard manual and in there it tells you how to change from the Easy UEFI to the Advanced UEFI interface.
Once you have changed to that interface, try my suggestion again and verify the PED/PCI setting. When you exit the bios make certain you choose 'save and exit'.
I have EVGA cards and their Customer Service and Tech people are very helpful. I have also had decent results with ASUS. You might want to consider making a call to the card manufacture/brand as they might know something that we don't. They might even be open today, New Years.

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I'm beginning to think that something is up with my BIOS. It looks nothing like it does in the manual. This is what it looks like (http://imgur.com/a/K3aPa). I've tried to update the BIOS using a flash drive and the Q-Flash utility and it just gives me an error about incorrect file size.

I'll try to contact Asus also but I'm just about ready to give up and return the extra 660 and buy a 770 or 780 instead....

bignastyid

Titan
Well I found your problem. According to those bios screenshots you don't have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, you have a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3. The GA-970A-D3 doesn't support SLI which is why the option isn't available.

Solution

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Well crap. That would explain things. The kid who sold it to me gave me the wrong box and manual then. That was stupid of me. Guess I'm buying a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 then. Thank you everybody that responded.

You're welcome. You should find out if the shop where you bought it will give you any help or cut some deal for a board that supports SLI.
or
on the other hand
maybe they will take back the 660 and cut a deal on a 770 or 780 ---- That would be cool !

Zombiebotking

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Unfortunately I bought it privately from a friend but I have a spare computer in my bedroom that I might just toss that motherboard in. I'm just going to buy a GA-990FXA instead. I'd paste a link but my phone doesn't like Toms Hardware for some reason. Seems like a good boardboard for the price and supports SLI and my chip set.