[SOLVED] Enable XMP

Aleksxx03

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
I finished building my PC like 1/2 months ago and forgot to ask if i should enable XMP on my RAM
Motherboard: ASUS ROG b360-f
Cpu:i7-9700F
RAM:corsair vengance lpx 2666 2x16gb

Solution
Unless you don't want to get what you paid for.. Then yes, activate it. It doesn't hurt anything. All it does is making sure that it will run on the speed you bought it for.

Some UEFI/BIOS defaults your RAM to lower speed. For example, my wife's 1866 Ram is defaulted at 1600 by her z97 motherboard so everytime I disconnect her PC for maintenance, I have to get in there and reselect the XMP.

Just select XMP Profile 1 and you should be good to go. Set everything else at Auto if you're not comfortable messing with them.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Unless you don't want to get what you paid for.. Then yes, activate it. It doesn't hurt anything. All it does is making sure that it will run on the speed you bought it for.

Some UEFI/BIOS defaults your RAM to lower speed. For example, my wife's 1866 Ram is defaulted at 1600 by her z97 motherboard so everytime I disconnect her PC for maintenance, I have to get in there and reselect the XMP.

Just select XMP Profile 1 and you should be good to go. Set everything else at Auto if you're not comfortable messing with them.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution