Question Enabled Secure Boot - Black Screen

jack turnbull

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Hi, i was wondering if anyone here knows how to solve my issue in regards secure boot causing a black screeen on boot.
I was attempting to upgrade to windows 11 but was beeing greeted with a bunch of error codes so i went to my bios to see if any of the required options needed for windows 11 were disabled in which they were.
I enable secure boot and rebooted and thats when my black screens started happening.
Specs -
Ryzen 2600
Arous elite b450
rx6600
16gb Corsair vengence pro.

I've tried resetting my bios by clearing cmos but to no avail, the leds on my board are lighting up one by one not sticking to just one.
As far as i'm aware the only solution it to get a processor with intergrated graphics which i can't currently do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Gigabyte boards don't like enabling Secure Boot in wrong way (which is what you most likely did - look for youtube videos how to get it right). Now, reversing it might be a problem. Things to try (but none are 100% sure to work): reset CMOS; use different video port (HDMI is preffered here); use integrated graphics OR different GPU; reflash BIOS (but make sure to use BIOS version that is older, not the one that claims 'Windows 11 compatible' because those have Secure boot enabled by default).

jack turnbull

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Gigabyte boards don't like enabling Secure Boot in wrong way (which is what you most likely did - look for youtube videos how to get it right). Now, reversing it might be a problem. Things to try (but none are 100% sure to work): reset CMOS; use different video port (HDMI is preffered here); use integrated graphics OR different GPU; reflash BIOS (but make sure to use BIOS version that is older, not the one that claims 'Windows 11 compatible' because those have Secure boot enabled by default).
Hi, thanks fior the response, i've already tried clearing cmos to no avail, i've tried using another gpu again not working, i've tried using both HDMI and Display port sill not posting and i can't reflash my bios as i can't enter my bios.

Hi, thanks fior the response, i've already tried clearing cmos to no avail, i've tried using another gpu again not working, i've tried using both HDMI and Display port sill not posting and i can't reflash my bios as i can't enter my bios.
I was going to say 'surely board named elite has qflash plus' - and then checked out and nope, it does not :( Well, there is somewhat desperate option of reprogramming BIOS chip, but I guess simplier, faster and even cheaper would be just find repair shop and have them fix that using their own g-series CPU.