Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2021
Here is my system configuration:

1. Intel i5-7600K
  2. Gigabyte GA-H110M-A motherboard
  3. 3. AMD RX 470 Graphics Card 4GB
  4. (Qty. 2) 8GB RipJaw DDR4 memory
  5. 1TB SSD with Windows 10 installed bootable in legacy bios
Before I touched this setting, my computer booted fine with legacy bios.

Now with UEFI enabled, my computer turns on, the CPU and case fans turn on, and then the fans turn off and then they turn on and so on and so forth.

I tried everything from removing my graphics card, removing memory sticks, resetting BIOS with CLEAR_CMOS pins and doing a power drain with removing the CMOS battery.

No, I don't get any beeps as well that would tell me what's going on.

Last edited:
Solution
Changing 1 setting shouldn't cause that. Its really not nice.

thats unfair

shame they don't have Q flash+ which is on the newer Gigabyte boards, you could at least try to flash bios.

You could remove CMOS and leave it out longer and then plug back in but if others with similar Gigabye boards had similar problems, looks like it the board.

Colif

Win 11 Master
no, before touching this setting your PC was booting using Legacy boot method, if you didn't swap drives to GPT as well, the behavior is because PC can't find windows. Swap it back to legacy

Explanation of terms:
UEFI - Unified extensible Firmware Interface

If your PC is less than 11 years old, you have a UEFI bios now

In 2006 or so Intel decided the bios as it was at time was too limited and needed to be replaced so that it supported newer technologies as they were invented
By about 2009 a consortium of hardware makers had combined to create UEFI standard

Old bios were limited, they didn't know what a mouse was for, so everything was keyboard driven
they weren't expandable, everything had to fit in a small amount of memory
they only supported Master Boot Record (MBR) which can only have 4 partitions per drive (there are tricks to get around this) and max drive size is 2.2 tb

UEFI bios overcame all the limitations of legacy bios (as it came to be called)
it supports mouse, it has a GUI so it looks better than previous bios could
Its expandable, it can be added to to grow as new hardware is created.
UEFI supports MBR & GPT Drives

GPT = GUID Partition Table (GUID = Global Unique ID = Every GPT drive on earth has a unique ID)
GPT drives can have a max of 255 partitions on them
Max size of a GPT drive/partition is 18.8 Million TB

Sep 5, 2021
no, before touching this setting your PC was booting using Legacy boot method, if you didn't swap drives to GPT as well, the behavior is because PC can't find windows. Swap it back to legacy
How do I swap it back to legacy if I can't get into BIOS? And yes, I tried resetting bios with CMOS. As for the harddrive with legscy windows, I removed that and still nothing.

Colif

Win 11 Master

thats unfair

shame they don't have Q flash+ which is on the newer Gigabyte boards, you could at least try to flash bios.

You could remove CMOS and leave it out longer and then plug back in but if others with similar Gigabye boards had similar problems, looks like it the board.

Solution
Sep 5, 2021

thats unfair

I'm kind of new to these forums, so would here be a good place to ask what replacement board I should buy given my current parts like cpu and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.