[SOLVED] Enabled XMP profile and it only changes one stick of ram's speed

Solution
if the memory modules were not packaged together than they are not meant to be used together.
it does not matter if they are the same make & model running at the same speed & timings.

you may be able to manually input manufacturer rated specs and have them run together but there's still always a chance that they are not perfectly syncing data and you may experience some performance loss vs a real 2x module kit.
if the memory modules were not packaged together than they are not meant to be used together.
it does not matter if they are the same make & model running at the same speed & timings.

you may be able to manually input manufacturer rated specs and have them run together but there's still always a chance that they are not perfectly syncing data and you may experience some performance loss vs a real 2x module kit.

Solution

jaredszat

Honorable
Aug 6, 2016

It came in a package of 2x8 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance Ram. They were packaged together.

i don't see anything identifying these as separate sticks at separate speeds on the BIOS page.
this can very well be just showing you what they are currently operating at vs what their default speed would be.

no motherboard i've worked with over 20+ years has been capable of running paired dual-channel sticks at different speeds.
they will always default to the slowest module's spec.

make sure you have them installed correctly;
DIMM slots A_2 & B_2.

jaredszat

Honorable
Aug 6, 2016
i don't see anything identifying these as separate sticks at separate speeds on the BIOS page.
this can very well be just showing you what they are currently operating at vs what their default speed would be.

no motherboard i've worked with over 20+ years has been capable of running paired dual-channel sticks at different speeds.
they will always default to the slowest module's spec.

DIMM slots A_2 & B_2.
In the Bios you see that it says 2133Mhz twice, which I assume is the speed labeling for each stick. When I click enabled XMP, only one of the 2133Mhz labels changes to 3199Mhz, which I assume is only changing the speed of one of the sticks.

as i stated, there is no listing of the actual memory modules.
only the two stats.
this can very well be just showing you what they are currently operating at(in the first stat) vs what their default speed would be(in the second stat).
DIMM slots A_2 & B_2.
use some hardware stat application inside of the OS to see what is listed for your memory speed.