Enabling concurrent sessions in TS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi all

I've purchased and setup and windows2003 advanced server and installed
terminal server and 5Cals (though I thought i'd installed 10)

The problem I'm having is that this box will only allow one user at a
time. e.g. If user A trys to connect from remote machine, but
administrator is on the console, then User A will be told she can't
connect as user Adminitstrator is on the console.

If I check start/admin tools/terminal server licensing then I can see that
I have:
* the server is activated

*Existing Windows 2000 server - terminal server cals token of built in
type, total unlimited, available unlimited and issued 0

* Windows 2003 server - Terminal Services per user cal - of type Retail
Purchase Total 5, available 5 and Issued 0

In admin tools/terminal server configuration the rdp connection for that
network card is set to a max of 3 users (tried unlimited), permissions are
correct (any given user can log on remotely with ts,just not at the same
time), and license issued per user

the server itself is licensed for 15 users.

What have I over looked here?

Thanks
Glenn

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

it sounds like you are connecting to the console sessions. Try this:
on a XP remote machine, Start->Run, type mstsc.exe

thanks
Soo Kuan