Enabling Crossfire without using the driver?

kewlfox

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
I have 2 AMD Radeon GPUs that are supposedly not compatible with each other, but a thread faaaarrrr down the google search said the option in CCC or Radeon Settings is disabled for these cards just because of instability, putting this so call "incompatibility aside, I'm getting a GPU, processor, and mobo upgrade soon, so, would there be any way to activate crossfire, bypassing the "safety" in the driver? FOR SCIENCE!

Don't tell me that its a stupid Idea, please respond with only helpful answers.

Primary: Sapphire Radeon R9 270x

Secondary: msi Radeon R7 250

once again, I already know this is a stupid idea, but lets do it for science

Solution
there is none. for professional application there is a way to use all the GPU inside a system because the way they are coded. but even that can be limited. for games it is very very much dependent on driver support. when it comes to multi GPU (for games) AMD implementation is considered as more lenient than nvidia but they still strictly need the two GPU that is based on the same chip. the 270X and 250 is based on different chip. so you can't activate "crossfire" for the two.
there is none. for professional application there is a way to use all the GPU inside a system because the way they are coded. but even that can be limited. for games it is very very much dependent on driver support. when it comes to multi GPU (for games) AMD implementation is considered as more lenient than nvidia but they still strictly need the two GPU that is based on the same chip. the 270X and 250 is based on different chip. so you can't activate "crossfire" for the two.

Solution