[SOLVED] Enabling LightBoost in Acer GN276HL 144hz

aymanfarshid94

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hi, appreciate if anyone could guide me on how to get the Acer lightboost technology working in the monitor as I have some strobing effects at 144hz. Additionally, I believe enabling lightboost can reduce the blur generated during high framerates in games like CSGO/Valorant. For some reason it is locked to OFF in the OSD and I am unable to select it even.

It is set currently to 1080p 120hz just from the windows refresh rate settings. Connectivity is thru an XFX RX580 to DVI-DL cable.

I have seen some guides on blurbusters website using ToastyX / Strobelight but unable to understand exactly how to run the steps. I did try it once but I don't think neither I did I do it correctly nor did it work.
If anyone has done it before, would love to hear in slightly easier words.

Thank you

Solution
What OS are you working with at the time of writing? If on Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS. What is the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? As for your monitor, did you install the driver for the panel? I'd ask you to install the driver for your monitor in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8(from the drop down menu). Then go ahead with ToastyX's Strobelight. Might want to read through this post and this post.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with at the time of writing? If on Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS. What is the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? As for your monitor, did you install the driver for the panel? I'd ask you to install the driver for your monitor in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8(from the drop down menu). Then go ahead with ToastyX's Strobelight. Might want to read through this post and this post.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS