Question Enabling nVidia Geforce + GSYNC + boosting HZ

Mar 23, 2019
Hello!

So i have an Gigabyte (Windforce) nVidia Geforce 1050 ti , paired with an ASUS ROG PG248Q (integrated Geforce-Sync-Chip).

now i have two problems:

1: I cannot manage to get my Monitor above 60 hz (capable of 144hz or 180hzOC). I'd like to reach the 144hz if that is possible on my Setup. running with a 3,9ghz duocore (virtual quadcore) i3-7100 and 16GB ram ~2400mhz

2: I cannot activate the G-Sync Function (tutorials say to activate it vs Geforce Program and the option does not appear)

Question:

1: My hardware should be strong enough to be able to handle the 144hz with the synchronisation function? is there some kind of tricky thing to activate in first place, to afterwards enable the sync + hz function?
2: Would the the OC'ing to 180hz shorten the lifespan of the Monitor / Graphics card? how does the OC even work on a Monitor?

greets

Mar 23, 2019
Hi. I found a topic now where someone states that you need a displayport to enable the G-Sync feature. now my 1050 ti just has a dvi connection... i have a (small) displayport on my PC but its at the Mainboard, i guess that would not work out? (got no cable to test here)

If you don't have DisplayPort on your graphics card then you cannot use G-Sync and cannot get more than 60 Hz on a G-Sync monitor, as they are hard-limited to 60 Hz on their HDMI port.

The Windforce 1050 Ti appears to have a DP port on it though.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019
yes. correct. i discovered new connections here. i need a DP-cable now to go further on this one. Thanx for your reply.

then there would only be one thing that i would be interested further. does boosting the hz from 144 to 180 drastically decrease the lifetime span of the GPU + Monitor?

greets