[SOLVED] Enabling secure boot cause PC to not boot

OrphanSlushies

Prominent
Mar 7, 2022
After converting legacy to UEFI, I restarted into the UEFI menu, made sure CSM was disabled, I then enabled TPM and secure boot, after saving and exiting my pc will not display anything. The fans just ramp up and down without anything else happening. My mouse and keyboard don't receive power and I can't boot back into the UEFI menu.
I have no clue how to fix this. Should I flash the BIOS and see if I can boot back into windows 10?

Ryzen 7 3700x
Aorus B550 Pro AC

Solution
Hate being able to guess what motherboard maker you have just by an error

these are the steps you should have followed:
Steps to enable (all AMD-based Gigabyte mobos) Secure Boot. Make sure fTPM is enabled. Make sure CSM is disabled. In Secure Boot, select custom under Secure Boot Mode, Select Restore Factory Keys, Say YES to reset without saving.

When BIOS restarts, access BIOS and change Secure Boot Mode back to Standard and then Yes to restart without save.

Let Windows boot fully.

Use msinfo to verify that Secure Boot State is on.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...turning-on-secure-boot.3722650/#post-22445680

see if flashing bios works.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Steps to enable (all AMD-based Gigabyte mobos) Secure Boot. Make sure fTPM is enabled. Make sure CSM is disabled. In Secure Boot, select custom under Secure Boot Mode, Select Restore Factory Keys, Say YES to reset without saving.

When BIOS restarts, access BIOS and change Secure Boot Mode back to Standard and then Yes to restart without save.

Let Windows boot fully.

Use msinfo to verify that Secure Boot State is on.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...turning-on-secure-boot.3722650/#post-22445680

Solution

OrphanSlushies

Prominent
Mar 7, 2022

Reflased my BIOS with the recent version, got the display to work (hurray), booted right into the BIOS. After getting into BIOS, fTPM was auto-enabled, I then disabled CSM and successfully got the secure boot to show as enabled in windows. Sadly windows doesn't want me to upgrade to windows 11. Thank you for the support though I can now use my PC again.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
When going to Settings>Update and Recovery, Windows 10 was saying it couldn't upgrade to Windows 11. But PC Health Check was saying I was set for the upgrade. Fixed it by downloading the Windows 11 install from the Microsoft website.
That has happened before and your answer was how it was fixed. The updater must remember results of previous test and just goes no.

OrphanSlushies

Prominent
Mar 7, 2022
That has happened before and your answer was how it was fixed. The updater must remember results of previous test and just goes no.
Yeah, windows has a tendency to be screwy. But I got Windows 11 working and i enjoy it so far. Your tips helped me get my bios back and get everything up to get windows 11, thank you!