Question Enabling the HDMI on the TUF Gaming Motherboard b460m

May 18, 2021
Ok, hi, I've been checking in once in a while when in a fit of masochism and bad luck I am forced to fix anything related to computers.

I bought a new computer a while back and I've been trying to use old technology (such as trying to connect a screen with VGA only to realize that the graphics card doesn't even use that stuff anymore), which has led to a lot of extra expenses buying adapters and stuff.

So I just bought a new Wacom screen which I intended to use to draw pictures and hopefully one day become a decent illustrator, provided that my computer won't explode from the i9 I underestimated would run at 100 degrees at the slightest provocation, all without proper cooling because I wanted to save some money and had to ask for that one processor that is infamous for its temperature.

I was about to finally connect the Wacom when I saw that it needs to be connected through HDMI, which is fine and all, until I see that my graphics card only got one slot for HDMI, the rest are some kind of high tech ports I don't think I've seen before.

While frustrated, I do spot another HDMI port on the motherboard, all is well.

No, because when I connect it to the port it just said "No Signal".

Well, it is an HDMI port, so there must be a solution.

I Google it, it tells me to check Device Manager and enable "Intel Integrated Graphics", but there is no such option anywhere as far as I can see, and so I go to BIOS to check for the magic button that enables the integrated graphics option, but no, it is nowhere.

It is literally nowhere in the System Agent, no graphics settings, I even searched in the BIOS for "Intel Integrated Graphics" and "GPU", but nothing.

I downloaded the TUF Gaming Motherboard b460m manual, but I don't get any wiser on what exactly I am doing or supposed to do.

I admit, I am not super technical when it comes to computers despite growing up with them, so I could just miss something, but I would appreciate some help here because this is driving me up the walls right now.

I just want to connect my damn Wacom screen.

May 18, 2021
So you said your GPU had one HDMI socket.

"until I see that my graphics card only got one slot for HDMI "

Why didn't you use it?
I admit I was a bit unclear here.

My computer screen, which I use for everything, is connected to my graphics card, but I also now got a Wacom One screen which I intend to use for illustration.

It is the Wacom One I want to connect, so I need a second port.

I don't want to connect and disconnect screens like three to six times a week because it doesn't sound very healthy, so would be good if both devices had a designated slot.

May 18, 2021
You too.
...as said...I'd try the adapter.
There's also the option to use the adapter on the other display and go direct with the Wacom (if you run into any issues).
Yea, I am fetching an adapter tomorrow, it was always the plan b, but I hoped I could get around it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS