[SOLVED] Enabling the HDMI on the TUF Gaming Motherboard b460m

May 18, 2021
Ok, hi, I've been checking in once in a while when in a fit of masochism and bad luck I am forced to fix anything related to computers.

I bought a new computer a while back and I've been trying to use old technology (such as trying to connect a screen with VGA only to realize that the graphics card doesn't even use that stuff anymore), which has led to a lot of extra expenses buying adapters and stuff.

So I just bought a new Wacom screen which I intended to use to draw pictures and hopefully one day become a decent illustrator, provided that my computer won't explode from the i9 I underestimated would run at 100 degrees at the slightest provocation, all without proper cooling because I wanted to save some money and had to ask for that one processor that is infamous for its temperature.

I was about to finally connect the Wacom when I saw that it needs to be connected through HDMI, which is fine and all, until I see that my graphics card only got one slot for HDMI, the rest are some kind of high tech ports I don't think I've seen before.

While frustrated, I do spot another HDMI port on the motherboard, all is well.

No, because when I connect it to the port it just said "No Signal".

Well, it is an HDMI port, so there must be a solution.

I Google it, it tells me to check Device Manager and enable "Intel Integrated Graphics", but there is no such option anywhere as far as I can see, and so I go to BIOS to check for the magic button that enables the integrated graphics option, but no, it is nowhere.

It is literally nowhere in the System Agent, no graphics settings, I even searched in the BIOS for "Intel Integrated Graphics" and "GPU", but nothing.

I downloaded the TUF Gaming Motherboard b460m manual, but I don't get any wiser on what exactly I am doing or supposed to do.

I admit, I am not super technical when it comes to computers despite growing up with them, so I could just miss something, but I would appreciate some help here because this is driving me up the walls right now.

I just want to connect my damn Wacom screen.

May 18, 2021
So you said your GPU had one HDMI socket.

"until I see that my graphics card only got one slot for HDMI "

Why didn't you use it?

I admit I was a bit unclear here.

My computer screen, which I use for everything, is connected to my graphics card, but I also now got a Wacom One screen which I intend to use for illustration.

It is the Wacom One I want to connect, so I need a second port.

I don't want to connect and disconnect screens like three to six times a week because it doesn't sound very healthy, so would be good if both devices had a designated slot.