Question Enabling xmp profile with trident z neo 3600mhz cl16 16gb causing BSOD ?

RMX

Jan 28, 2021
hi guys i need your help, I built a new pc with this hardware :

amd ryzen 5 5600x 3.7 ghz 6-core processor
arctic liquid freezer ii 120
gigabyte x570 aorus elite wifi
evga geforce rtx 3070 xc3 ultra.
corsair rm850 850w psu 80+ gold fully modular
corsair spec-01 red led mid-tower
samsung 860 evo 500gb

Trident z neo 3600mhz cl16 16gb

The problem is when I enable xmp profile 1 (16-19-19-39 1.35v with 3600mhz) I get BSOD. but when i disable xmp i get no BSOD but RAM speed is only 2133mhz ?

I tried these solutions but it didnt work:

on cmd writing Sfc/ scannow.
running windows memory diagnostic.
udating bios to F33a
enabling xmp and lowering manually to 3466mhz
enabling xmp and change the DRAM voltage to 1.300v instead of 1.200v

I dont understand why is this happening any ideas?

thanks

Reactions: beterb
What Keith said: Do not enable XMP and try to modify the BIOS memory settings manually to match XMP settings. This would be your starting point. It probably won't work and at that time, gradually 'tweak' the memory settings, like voltage, in minimal increments. Sometimes it just takes a tiny increase in voltage to make the settings work.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Mar 26, 2021
Did you ever find out what was wrong or what the fix was? I’m having the same problem on my first PC build. Same motherboard, same processor, similar SSD (I have the 1TB), and same RAM. Using a 3060. I’ve been troubleshooting because I’ve been having BSOD issues ever since I built it.

Realized I missed a few drivers, and thought I was out of the woods after getting those. I had it running stable for about a week, then tried XMP again. Looping BSOD and couldn’t even boot. Turned off XMP, and now still lots of stability issues. Was able to boot and use it for a few days, but always a few BSOD on startup. Now I can’t even boot at all, and just submitted an RMA form to Gskill.

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
On two boards I have, XMP will not set the RAM voltage, I have to do that manually. Mine are both 1.35V. Scroll down to where it says DRAM voltage and see what it says. If it's still Auto, hit it with the manufacturer's XMP recommended voltage - probably 1.35V