Endless reboot on new pc build caused by CPU

Nathan_52

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Hello, so I am working on building my first gaming PC and I am running into trouble. When I turn it on, the fans will start and lights will turn on but then it will reboot after about 20 seconds.

Some things to clarify because I know people will suggest things that I've already tried.

The computer will not boot at all, not even to the bios and my monitor displays "no signal".
I have reseated the cpu multiple times.
I have tried putting my ram in the other slot.
I have tried booting with nothing but the hdmi cord and power cables attached to the motherboard.
I have tried booting it without the power button cable from the case connected to the motherboard.
I have tried re connecting the heat sink, and tried without the heat sink.
I have the 8 pin power cable connected.
I have tried taking the battery and replacing it on the motherboard.
I have tried taking the motherboard out of the case and putting it on a non metal surface.

The only things that make the computer stay on is taking the cpu out, leaving the lever the holds in the cpu unhooked and leaving the 8 pin cable unplugged.

My build is:

Corsair - CX Series Modular CX750M 750W ATX Power Supply - Black

1 x Silicon Power Slim S55 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SP120GBSS3S55S25

1 x Avexir Budget Series 4GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17060) Desktop Memory Model AVD4U21331504G-1BW

1 x Intel Pentium G4400 Skylake Dual-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 1151 65W BX80662G4400 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 510

1 x GIGABYTE GA-H110M-S2H-GSM (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

1 x evga geforce gtx 970

Nathan_52

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Yes I have tried it with literally just the motherboard and PS cables. Same thing. It has to be the CPU because I have ruled out everything other than the motherboard but I highly doubt it's that and it is brand new. It's possible, although I am not good with desktops I work with laptops and have never broke a motherboard before.

Edit: And I'll check the pins again.

If you can work on laptops you should no issues working on desktops as they tend to be way easier to put together and work on.. It is possible that something is DOA. If you can try as many things as you can with another computer. Like the PSU, RAM, CPU, and GPU. The SSD wouldn't keep your system from booting so I am not worried about it.

I tend to agree about the SSD, but, Gigabyte has a QVL for the SSD's on that H100 board and the Silicon Power model above is not on the list. I'm unsure why it would matter.

Nathan_52

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Well it does it with or without the hard drive connected. Idk I might just give up for the night and see if my boss can fix it tomorrow. Are you guys sure my parts are all compatible? Mainly motherboard and cpu?

The Corsair CX series power supplies are known for poor quality and problems. If it's under warranty you should get a refund and let me recommend a good unit for you.

Nathan_52

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Well I think my motherboard is just a piece of shit, theres no visible damage on the cpu and I trust intel more than gigabyte to give me a product that isn't DOA. Not to mention the backplate on my motherboard was bent when I got it. I guess newegg isn't all it's cracked up to be. (no pun intended)

I tested the power supply and it was fine. I wasn't able to find a CPU to test but I'm going with my gut and I'll wait for a new motherboard to see if I have to replace the CPU.

This one looks pretty good to me, what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157636