Endless Startup Repair

Caitie556

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
I have this Acer Aspire X1430 Desktop computer and its has really been getting on my nerves recently because it worked fine up until two months ago, one day i just turned it on and it would freeze while i was trying to log on so i reinstalled windows 7 and it worked fine for 3 days and on the third day it wouldnt load windows and started doing this annoying startup repair thing. The startup repair never fixed my computer so i reinstalled windows again and about 3 days later it was back doing the same thing but this time the startup repair would say that it could not find any issues then shut down my computer and go right back to startup repair. I cant even turn off my computer now. I would really appreciate if someone told me how to fix this so i can use my computer again.

Solution
Okay, just to be sure. What I would recommend is you boot up your PC with your Win7 disk inside (wipe it with a cloth). Go through the setup stages and when you get to Upgrade/Custom install, go to custom install, select every HDD besides one that says "Recovery" or something like that, and delete every one of them (you may need to do it individually). They will merge together and you can click "New" to create the new partition. Try to install windows and once install, leave AS IS (DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING). Just turn it on 3 times a day for 3 days and see if the problem persists. If it does it will be something to do with your hardware. If not, start slowly installing software maybe 3 programs a day (REMEMBER to create a restore point...

Caitie556

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

I erased what was on the partition before I installed windows

Okay, just to be sure. What I would recommend is you boot up your PC with your Win7 disk inside (wipe it with a cloth). Go through the setup stages and when you get to Upgrade/Custom install, go to custom install, select every HDD besides one that says "Recovery" or something like that, and delete every one of them (you may need to do it individually). They will merge together and you can click "New" to create the new partition. Try to install windows and once install, leave AS IS (DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING). Just turn it on 3 times a day for 3 days and see if the problem persists. If it does it will be something to do with your hardware. If not, start slowly installing software maybe 3 programs a day (REMEMBER to create a restore point after every single program install) and if the issue pops up again try to work out which program at what time of install is causing the issue. If the issue is now just plain gone, it may have been an incorrectly followed step which is nothing at all to worry about. :)

- LE

Solution