Question Enermax cooling system started making noise

nirdekel1

Honorable
Apr 19, 2018
Hi everyone,
My pc started making an annoying squeaking noise so I opened it and found it was coming from the main cooling system (i stopped the fan and the noise stopped).
The cooling system is Enermax ETS-T40.
Is there anyway to stop the noise?
If not can someone recommend a similar Cooling system that would do the same job?
I assume it wouldn't cost much because I bought the Enermax at 2014 and it wasn't expensive back then.
Thanks in advance

My pc:
i7 930
DX58SO
8gb RAM
Radeon r9 290
Cougar A760

baboma

Prominent
Nov 3, 2022
The cooling system is Enermax ETS-T40.
Is there anyway to stop the noise?

This happens periodically with my old PCs, specifically the cheapo (sleeve-bearing) PS fans, but also the CPU-cooler fans.

One side of the fan is a sticker covering the hub that it rotates around. Partially peel back the sticker, and between the gap of the moving parts, squirt some light lube oil with a with a needle applicator tip, like this (https://amazon.com/dp/B0013R67A6). Manually spin the fan a few times to spread the oil, wipe off excess, and put back the sticker.

It works for a few months to maybe a year (the PC is on 24/7), then the oil dries out, and I repeat.

nirdekel1

Honorable
Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply.
I decided not to mess with fixing the Enermax and bought an Antec C400 Cooler.
Problem is when i got home i found out i had no idea how to even start to unplug the Enermax. It looks like this:
pmepvcmHj

pobqv1TOj

I can't even see how the cooler is connected to the motherboard.
Anyone knows how to unplug it?

Last edited by a moderator: