Enermax infinity VS. Corsair TX650 - URGENT

ovego

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I've ordered my rig today,and the salesman told me they've got an open box (but brand new) enermax infinity 650W.
where I live it is considerably more expensive than the Corsair TX650.but as it is an open box,they'll sell it to me at the same price as the TX650.
is it better or on par with the TX650?
the major plus for the infinity over the TX is that it's modular.
any recommendations will be appretiated,as I've got only a few days to decide.

The Corsair psu is a high quality unit. There is a technical review of the Corsair HX620 which is modular over at jonnyguru.com:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=21

I didn't find a review of the Enermax Inifinity 650 but I did find one for the 700 watt version. Apparently it's an improved version of the Enermax Galaxy series of psu's. If the 650 watt version is anything like the 700 watt version you'll be okay.

I read the review. The Corsair is definitely the better psu. Don't know if you noticed but the review mentioned the Corsair HX620 which is modular. That's what I have in my personal system.

With a high quality psu cable management may not be an issue. The better quality psu's usually have longer cables. With bottom mounted psu's the problem is usually the smaller motherboard power cable that is connected to the top of the motherboard. Some of those cables are short, especially in tall cases. A simple 8 inch extension cable is available for a few dollars from online vendors. It will allow you to route the cable behind the motherboard tray so it is out of sight.