Question Enermax Revolution DF 650W vs Corsair RMX 650w vs Phanteks AMP 650W

legendarybloodfang

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Rmx is currently $109; enermax is $70; and phanteks is $65. Now I know the obvious answer is "go with the cheaper one"; however, I have never heard of enermax or phanteks before, whereas the rmx is highly praised in every forum I check. I want something that is reliable and under $90 if possible. They are all on the A tier list on the cultist network site. I currently have a gtx 1070 but I plan on upgrading it to a 3060ti or 3070 in the future.

link

Last edited by a moderator:
The Phanteks is a Seasonic inside with the typical Seasonic carracteristics. 40 degree rating instead of 50 degrees, analog fancontrol instead of a MCU, 18AWG PCI-e cables and minifit connectors instead of 16AWG and HCS.

The Enermax is as good as the RMx for a lot lower price. That's the one I would buy.

legendarybloodfang

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
The Phanteks is a Seasonic inside with the typical Seasonic carracteristics. 40 degree rating instead of 50 degrees, analog fancontrol instead of a MCU, 18AWG PCI-e cables and minifit connectors instead of 16AWG and HCS.

The Enermax is as good as the RMx for a lot lower price. That's the one I would buy.

Someone said that I should avoid the enermax because it is a multi-rail psu and should go for the phantek instead

legendarybloodfang

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
What's wrong with multi rail?
I quote: "It is a multi rail design that has 4 separate 12V rails. The CPU rail is 25A, the motherboard and drive power rail is 25A, and the two separate PCIe rails are 30A. That's only 360W. That's super easy for a modern GPU to trip the protection just with a transient spike, since the power would exceed the limit per rail. "

You're doing something stupid when you connect a 360w GPU with a single daisy chained cable to the PSU. When a GPU consumes over 300w you have to connect it with 2 seperate cables and on a multirail PSU you connect the 2 cables to two separate rails. When you do this you have the full capacity of the PSU on the 2 rails.

Reactions: Vic 40