Enermax Revolution SFX 650W PSU Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many motherboards require more than one EPS connector in the entry to enthusiast level motherboards (excluding server boards)? How many server boards? How many enthusiasts actually use server boards?

IMHO, if a PSU has 1 or 2 EPS connectors shouldn't be a pro or con as the vast majority of boards used from entry level to enthusiast only really requires one connector. Server boards are a different matter. IMHO, just making a clear note how many EPS connectors should be good enough.

^^That's the first thing I noticed in the pictures. I use mine on occasion too, especially when getting lockups during overclock testing. Flicking a switch is a lot more convenient than reaching around and unplugging and making sure the cable doesn't fall down behind the desk causing colorful four letter language. Unwise omission that is inexcusable in this category of PSU. I would rule out this PSU just for that omission alone.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
about the two EPS connectors, most mid to high-end mainboards use one EPS and one ATX12V (so they need two CPU connectors) especially the new ones. Why not have this option and be restricted to mainstream mainboards. Not only server or dual CPU mainboards require two EPS connectors.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Enermax still hasn't recovered their quality since they shut down their own production facilities, which is a real shame, they used to be one of the best.

superflykicks03

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
You guys literally have ads that play over the top of your intrusive popup videos. You literally have to watch a 30 second ad before you get to watch the unwanted video :/ Not exactly user friendly. I know I know revenue blah blah, and just get a popup blocker yadda yadda.

For an SFX psu, not having a power switch on the PSU doesn't bother me to much.

Depending on the case design (like my rvz01), you couldn't access the psu without taking the computer apart to access that switch. So unplugging the computer or holding the power button for 5 seconds would be a lot faster.

Now if this was an ATX PSU i would give a bit more care for as it's extremely rare for an ATX psu to be placed somewhere else inside the case that cant be access from the outside.

@10TACLE

I do have to ask though, does your computer lock up so much that even holding the case power button for the 3 to 5 seconds does nothing?

Most computers I've messed with seems to be able to power off fully even when there is a hard lockup doing that method.

But i do agree with you about that hitting a reset doesn't guarantee a solid reboot. Certainly when trying to dial in overclock settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.