Enermax Revolution X’t II 750W Power Supply Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

powernod

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
The fact that the PSU collapsed during the "Hold-UP time / Power_OK" tests, clearly proves -in my opinion-, how important these tests are, since they are an indication of how properly a PSU can react during stressful situations. ;)

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
actually I rarely see a PSU going boom in these tests. Will wait for the second sample to arrive and see how it goes under the same scenario.

Oh I thought you already got the second sample and it tested fine, guess I misread that.

GearUp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
The older line X't have been selling for around $82 so I would have hoped for a lower price as well. Personal experience still favors Enermax since 0/6 of my units failed within 3 months while it was 1/3 for each of 2 different competitors. I still factor in return costs at this point.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
Just finished testing the second sample and no fireworks this time, so apparently the incident with the first sample (during the hold-up time tests) was just an isolated one.

In addition I confirmed that there is no OCP on the minor rails either, as I suspected.

android_dev

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
The older Enermax Revolution 87+ series have better build quality ,features and performance than their X't counterparts. Then again it was a more expensive platform to begin with.

GearUp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Correction on returns: Only one supply was returned within 3 months which is good for returns. The other failed due to the motherboard or graphics card after 16 months. Some supplies have return rates well over 20 percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.